Dr. Bimal Kumar RoyWorlds Renowned Security & Cryptography Expert
Areas of Expertise
Bimal Kumar Roy is an former Director of the Indian Statistical Institute. He is a cryptologist from the Cryptology Research Group of the Applied Statistics Unit of ISI, Kolkata. He received a Ph.D. in Combinatorics and Optimization in 1982 from the University of Waterloo under the joint supervision of Ronald C. Mullin and Paul Jacob Schellenberg.
Awards & Recognitions:
- Padma Shri Award, Government of India, 2015.
- Teacher’s Award, Indian National Science Academy, 2014.
- Fellow, Indian Society for Probability and Statistics, since 2014.
- Fellow, National Academy of Sciences, India, since 2010.
- Reliance Platinum Jubilee Award, National Academy of Science, India, 2007.
- IBM Faculty Award for research, teaching and initiative in Cryptology, 2007
Head, R C Bose Centre for Cryptology and Security, Indian Statistical Institute Professor, Applied Statistics Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata Head, Cryptology Research Group, Indian Statistical Institute,Kolkata Founder and General-Secretary, Cryptology Research Society of India. He will be key Security independent auditor making sure our ecosystem is always secured. He is globally known for his expertise in Cryptology and Cyber Security . His 40 years of experience will definitely make our Platform stronger as we don’t want to leave any stone unturned.